How to find out the IP address of routers
Determining the IP address of the router may look like a simple task, and this is certainly true for a computer specialist. But for an average user this task can take a lot of time and efforts. In this quick guide, you will learn the steps how you can find out the address of your router at the lowest efforts.
Firstly, try to enter three following IP addresses in your Internet browser and see if you will continue to the router management interface. The following IP addresses correspond to 90% of the routers that are currently used at the consumer market. If instead of opening of the router management page, you will be redirected to the search results again or you will see a blank page, then, probably, your router do not using this IP address.
- http://192.168.1.1/ - used by Linksys routers
- http://192.168.0.1/ - used by D-Link and Netgear Routern routers
- http://192.168.2.1/ - used by Belkin and SMC routers
If you do not go to the router management page after typing the abovementioned addresses, you can try the following actions.
- Click the «Home page» button.
- Go to settings.
- Click on «WLAN» button
- Select the WLAN wireless network to which you want to connect.
- IP address of your router appears in the router bar. You can see the current IP address in the IP address bar.
Mac OS devices
- Open the system settings from the Apple menu.
- Click on the network in the «Internet and wireless networks» section.
- Select the current connection from the connection list on the left page.
- Click on «Advanced ...»
- Select the "TCP/IP" tab.
- Router IP address is the digital address next to the «Router» column, which will look something like this: 192.168.1.1
Android OS devices
Unfortunately, there is still no way to determine the IP-address of the router on the Android operating system via standard interface. To do this, you need to use either a special application or device with a different operating system.
On a PC with Windows OS
- Open the «cmd.exe» in the «Start» menu. The program is very easy to run by clicking on the «Start» button and enter «cmd». You will see the application cmd.exe in the search results.
- In the window of «cmd.exe» program, enter «ipconfig /all» and press Enter.
- Find the «Default Gateway» line. It will contain the IP-address of the router.
- 192.168.1.1 IP-Verwaltung
- Wie man die IP-Adresse von Routern herausfindet
- Wie man Router-Probleme behebt
- Standard-Passwörter für Router
- DNS Serverfehler
- Ändern Sie das Router-Passwort
- Fehlerbeseitigung der IP-Adresse Konflikten
- Häufig gestellte Fragen
- Wie arbeitet das Tool der Kommandozeile für Details der laufenden Vereinigung?
- IP-Adresse des Routers im Betriebssystem Windows zu finden
- 192.168.1.1 IP Administration
- How to find out the IP address of routers
- Standard passwords for routers
- Routers troubleshooting
- DNS Server Errors